Problems with weather routing / VVOR Leg 6

VRTool software support forum

Problems with weather routing / VVOR Leg 6

Postby another.fool » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Since the start of Leg 6 of the virtual Volvo Ocean Race, my VRTool weather routing feature has been behaving strangely. When I do weather routing, the program seems to assume that the next wind update happens 9h after the current one. From then on, it keeps a 12h cycle, resulting in radical changes in the proposed course at 21h, 33h, etc. after the current wind report. Interestingly, when I design a track following the calculated route, it correctly warns me that I steer a bad course to the wind between the time points listed above and the actual wind updates (12h, 24h, ...).

I have tried to fiddle with all time settings I could find, but seem to have missed the crucial one. Can anybody point me to the setting that I might have got wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
another.fool

Re: Problems with weather routing / VVOR Leg 6

Postby another.fool » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:17 am

Well, finally re-istalling the program solved the problems. Now to claw back the lost miles! ;)
another.fool

Postby omar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 pm

another.fool wrote:re-istalling the program solved the problems...

:?:
omar
Site Admin

Postby another.fool » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 am

I removed vrtool from my PC completely and did new installation afterwards. After setting it up as explained in the wiki, weather routing has behaved as it should. I have no idea what was wrong before, sorry.
another.fool

Return to VRTool Forum