Navigator for PC software purchase
Current version is 8.5.1 (released in
for Windows XP, Vista, , W7, W8, W10 and Server,
(32 and 64 bit PCs)
Navigator for PC Features
- Celestial navigation module with perpetual almanac, lines of postion, astronomical position, meridian passage, celestial object data.
- Prints Nautical Almanac style pages, for pencil&paper navigation.
- Star Finder for celestial navigation (sky chart and spreadsheet).
- Charting tools, with vector charts (GSHHS charts, shp, custom format).
- Sail boat
track designer with ETA.
- Sail boat "polar chart" creation and edition (Polar Studio).
- Download GFS wind forecasts from NOAA server, up to 384 hours.
- Download GFS wind forecasts from Navigator server, up to 144 hours, 3 hr interval
- Sail boat weather routing allows optimization of routes based in the polar chart and wind forecasts.
- GPS interface. Plot the position
and save your track in real time (note: requires a device with
serial interface. USB devices are supported via serial emulation
mode (RS232) if available. Check device software documentation).
What is not
1- Navigator is not compatible
with commercial electronic chart formats.
Support available to custom vector chart format *.CHT, ESRI *.SHP
files and GSHHS *.B vector charts.
2- Navigator accepts NMEA GPS messages, but does not implement
any proprietary or model specific features, such as waypoint uploads
or instrument setup. AIS interface via boat network (TCP/IP).
2 media options:
buy from Digital River share-it,
accepts mostl credit cards
buy from Celestaire,
Credit card, money order or US checks.
- Both media options include the same software and documentation.
- Single user license. See license details here.
Registration and installation steps - Electronic version
1- After the purchase you will receive an e-mail
with the download location (URL) and a registration code. The location
points to the Navigator software installer file. Click the
link start the download. Save file to disk.
2- After the download is finished,
run the file. This will install the software in your computer. Installation requires computer administrator rights, but not the normal program usage.
3- Type the registration code when prompted for
a password. Proceed until the installation is complete.
4- Remember to backup the installer file (and the
password) for future installations. Only the original installer
can properly setup the software components on a new computer.